Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Don't listen to the haters! Go see SATC 2!

I was lucky enough to catch an advanced screening of Sex and the City 2 before it hit theaters. Don't worry, I won't tell you the ending! I won't even hint at it...although going into it, I said that I'd be happy as long as I liked the ending. And I was.

I've heard critics say the movie is an un-watchable, awful film that will be laughed at. I honestly think you truly have to be a fan of the series to appreciate the film for what it is. You don't walk into the theater thinking SATC 2 is going to win an Oscar. You go because its an experience you used to share with your girlfriends. Back when the show was on TV, the girls would all get together each Sunday to catch up, eat good food and watch the show...together. Not only is SATC 2 a way to relive that experience, but for 2.5 hours (yes, 2.5 hours...a bit long even for the biggest SATC fan) you get to have a martini and a laugh with your favorite girls again. Its just like old times. Except now we're older and we can afford fancier shoes.

Is SATC 2 cheesy in places? Yes. Cliché? A bit. But, does it have the laughs, fashion, friendship...and men that made you fall in love with the show in the first place? Yes. Take it for what it is: A great excuse to get together with your best friends and go on vacation with Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. In a time when people spend too much time picking apart things in life - just sit back and get Carried away. You've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment