Friday, May 28, 2010

Footwork Fridays: Featured Choreographer, Bobby Newberry!

Dancing has always been a huge part of my life...hip hop, salsa, tango, tap, jazz, ballet...and even clogging (that was a rough year). One of my favorite things to do is search YouTube to find standout routines. Sometimes I just enjoy watching them and other times the routines are so amazing that I can't help but teach them to myself.

There's so much talent out there and luckily the internet has made it accessible to share them with others! Each week I'm going to feature a different routine that I personally found to be brilliant...

This week's favorite footwork belongs to choreographer Bobby Newberry. I've been a fan of his for years, but you may have recently seen his guest spot on Dancing with the Stars. He was brought in to assist Anna and Evan with their freestyle dance, which I felt needed to be a bit more hip hop to make it work -- It didn't show off enough of Bobby's strengths to do the routine justice. Regardless, some of Bobby's other credits include: PUSSYCAT DOLLS, GIRLICIOUS, KELIS, EMINEM, EVA LONGORIA for BEBE, PLAYBOY MANSION, FLAVA and TAYLOR DANE.

Because he's such a great choreographer, I couldn't pick between two of his routines. The first one is to Rihanna's, "Breakin Dishes". Its a lot of arm work, but the musicality of the choreography is spot on.

The second is to Nicole Scherzinger, "Whatever you Like", and its just plain hot. Montana, the blonde girl in the front, kills it!

I hope you love them as much as I do. Share it with others, teach it to yourself, or just enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE this blog feature! Very excited for future installments!

    ReplyDelete