Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girl's Guide to The 2010 World Cup: France vs. Uruguay

Hey ladies! I hope you enjoyed the first installment of the GG's to The World Cup. I have my next picks all lined up for the second match that's taking place on Friday between, France and Uruguay. It didn't take me long to pick the hottie on the French team as he's one of my personal faves, so lets get right to it! 

France: #8 Yoann Gourcuff

How do ya like the action shot? Hot, right? Very.

This Ploemeur, France, native is pegged as one of the stars of the future for France. Gourcuff, 23, is arguably one of the most consistent players on the French squad and his goalscoring and playmaking skills have made him a fan favorite (Yeah, I'm sure his above average good looks have nothing to do with that...not to mention he's 6'1")!

The midfielder was named player of the year in 2009. Since then, Gourcuff has continued to impress, asserting himself as the team's main playmaker. And I mean, the guy knows how to take a picture.

Weaknesses: While offense may be his strong suit, his defensive skills needs some fine tuning.

Strengths: His creativity and passing techniques, combined with his ability to set up goals. His eyes. His perfectly chiseled jawline...



Honorable mention: #12 Thierry Henry


This striker for the French team was just too yummy not to bring to your attention. Keep your eyes peeled for this one girls!










Uruguay: #9 Luis "Lucky Charm" Suarez

At 5'11", Forward Luis Suarez, is one of the stars of the Uruguay team. The 23-yr old has been described as a "world class finisher with remarkable technical ability" and someone who is "blessed with a powerful shot and the ability to out jump opponents". To me that means one thing: Great legs!

Born in Salto, Uruguay, Suarez was only 11 when he left traveled to Montevideo, to hone his skills at the Nacional club. In the years since, fans have praised Suarez for his ability to create scoring opportunities which makes him an indispensable part of the Uruguay team. He's often referred to as the team's "lucky charm", because when he's on target, they don't lose.  

Weaknesses: Tends to lose concentration during games. 

Strengths: Fast and skillful, with great control and an accurate shot.

Next up: Nigeria vs. Argentina! Also, if there's any info you'd like me to include in my quick recaps of each guy, be sure to let me know and I'll do my best to include it. This is for you after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment